I am embarrassed to say that healthy eating isn’t something that is at the top of our priority list these days. With the new school year started for me, the kids starting their respective schools, and Chris’ busy days on patrol, it’s almost impossible to find the energy to eat properly. We are definitely trying, but we fall short over and over again. We have got to try to do better, especially with our children. Today, I took a trip to our local Publix Supermarket and loaded up on some healthy snacks for the kiddos.
Healthy Snacks for Toddlers
- Fruits: I like to grab whatever fruits are on sale. Watermelon, cantaloupe, apples, grapes, mandarin oranges. The kids love it all.
- Cheese: Who doesn’t love cheese? Cheese cubes, cheese sticks, rolled cheese, shredded cheese.
- Yogurt: My kids are yogurt fanatics. Any kind, any flavor. It provides them with great calcium and live active cultures to aid in their digestion.
- Smoothies: Smoothies are great since I can sneak some greens in without the kids realizing. I have been known to add spinach, flax seed, blueberries, strawberries, banana, and low fat yogurt.
- Baked Snacks: The thought of a fried snack is disturbing. We default to anything baked over fried.
While we were at Publix, Aidan went right for the Gerber Lil’ Beanies™. These tasty little snacks are baked, made with the goodness of navy beans. They come in two different flavors, Cheddar and Broccoli and Original. Aidan and Avery love the Cheddar and Broccoli! Looking closer at the label, they are made GMO-free, with no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives. This is exactly what I am looking for in an easy, ready-to-go snack for my toddler and kindergartener.
A delicious and nutritious snack, your little ones will love it for its taste, you will love it for its nutrition. Gerber Lil’ Beanies™ can be found in the baby aisle at your local Publix store. As an added bonus, you will be able to Buy 1 , Get 1 using this Ibotta coupon offer! Who doesn’t love a good BOGO deal at Publix?